Privacy and Cookies
Universal Colours is a trademark owned and operated by Sigma Sports Limited.
If you have questions about how we use your data or what we do to protect your privacy, please don’t hesitate to email us on email@example.com.
When you shop with us, you’ll need to provide consent for us to process your information so that we can fulfil your order. This consent is our legal basis for processing.
Name and contact details will be used:
- To deliver your orders
- To send you service information relating to your orders
- At your request, to let you know when an item is back in stock
- To send you marketing emails (only if you've signed up/opted-in)
- For fraud prevention
Payment details will be used:
- To take payment and give refunds where necessary
- For fraud prevention
Once you have placed an order with us, we’ll keep hold of the following information:
- Your purchase history, browsing history and saved items:
To fulfil your orders, provide customer service and handle returns
To find out what you like, and send you relevant marketing emails (only if you've opted-in)
To deliver you adverts elsewhere online
- Your contact history with us:
To provide you with customer service and support
You also have the option of providing the following information:
- Your gender, date of birth and interest:
For us to send you relevant marketing emails (only if you’ve opted in)
- Your preferred country:
So that we can send you products and offers tailored to where you are or notify you of brand events in your local area (only if you’ve opted in)
When you use our website, we will also collect the following information:
- Your device IP address:
To set your default options such as currency and language
To protect our website from fraud or malicious software
- The type of device you are using to access our website:
To improve your shopping experience by displaying our website in the best way for your device
We will also use most of the above data for our own internal analysis to help us better understand our customer base, and how our customers use our website to provide you with the best shopping experience.
Sharing your information
We will never sell, distribute or lease your data to any third party. In order to fulfil orders and provide you and other customers with a highly personal level of service, we do share your data with the following data controllers:
- Our delivery companies - Royal Mail, DPD, TNT and DHL
- Global Payments, our payment service provider
- Global-e, who we use to process international orders
- Facebook, Instagram and Google Display Network for targeted anonymised advertising
- Marketing and advertising agencies who we work with to run our business
- Hotjar - To help us further understand our website’s visitors
If you choose to opt-in to receiving marketing emails from us, we’ll send you the latest updates on products, offers, our initiatives and events.
In order to receive emails from us, you only need to provide us with your email address. To help you get the most out of our emails, you have the option of telling us a bit more about yourself. By letting us know details like your gender and interest, we are able to send you more relevant email content. You are not obliged to do this, and you can update your preferences within your customer account at any time.
If you’ve bought from us, we may use this information to send you emails about similar products that may be of interest to you. Some emails that we send will be based on actions that you take on our website, for example buying or viewing a specific product. We do this to enhance your shopping experience, and to help you find products which we think may be useful to you. Rest assured, opting-out will never prevent you from receiving a service from us.
You can opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by:
- Clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any of our marketing emails
- Updating your email preferences within your customer account
- Contacting our customer care team
If you opt-out of receiving marketing emails, you will still receive important order and delivery information by email.
Like many other online retailers, we use a range of digital advertising networks and technologies to display targeted adverts to our customers on other websites. The adverts you see will be based on information that we hold about you, for example:
- Your purchase history
- Products you have viewed
- Your interests, as set by you
We use various industry-standard targeting tools to ensure our advertising is relevant, these can include:
- Browsing behaviour collected by tracking pixels on our digital platforms
- An encrypted identifier that can help match adverts to you on advertising platforms. These identifiers are often referred to as a Hashed ID and allow us to advertise to people who have identified themselves to us in the past, for example when an email address has been shared with us.
A cookie is a small text file that asks permission to be downloaded onto your computer or smartphone when you visit a website. It allows the website to recognise your device each time you access the website and will store some information about your preferences or past actions.
- Keeping your chosen products in your basket
- Remembering products that you’ve saved to your wish list
- Sending you email reminders about products you’ve viewed or left behind (only if you’ve opted-in to receive email marketing from us)
- Analysing web page traffic to make sure that you and other customers can find what you’re looking for easily
Links to third-party websites
Retaining your information
We will keep your personal information for as long as you have a customer account with us. This helps us to provide you with fast, efficient service, from checkout to delivery, each and every time you shop with us.
We encourage you to keep your information up-to-date, and you can do this easily at any time within your customer account, or by contacting us.
When it comes to your personal information, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about how we use your information
- The right to access any information we hold about you
- The right to correct any inaccurate information that we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete information that we hold about you
- The right to access your information in such a way so that it can easily be transferred from environment to another in a safe and secure way
- The right to object to, and opt-out of our email marketing at any time
We will always ensure that our services are made available to you in a way that makes it easy for you to exercise any of these rights, at any time. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights, please contact us.
Countries outside of the European Union
In order to fulfil international orders, some data will be passed on to companies within our delivery network who operate outside of the European Economic Area. As with all of our data transfer, this is carried out in a secure way and only the information needed to fulfil your order (e.g. name, contact details, postal address) will be provided.
We also encourage you to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.